- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 green capsicum (pepper), sliced into stripes
- 1 telegram cucumber, cut into lengths (same size as capsicum)
- 5-10 green pitted olives, chopped into rings
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbs orange zest
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa as per packet, set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a jar, place lid on and shake. Taste first, to see the balance of the vinegar and sugar.
- Boil full kettle of water, pour over beans in heat proof bowl. Blanch for 2 -3 minutes, drain then put beans into iced water to stop cooking process.
- Combine, quinoa, beans and remaining ingredients into a salad bowl.